Late 2007 Macbook screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by matt.sturtz, May 17, 2010.

1. matt.sturtz macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can offer some advice/help on a fresh issue happening with my Macbook (late 2007; OS 10.5.8; 2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; 1GB memory).

Here's my problem:
    All darkened/shaded areas on my display are lined in little red pixelations. It's especially bad in colored screen images/photos and the worst in videos (ie Youtube).

I noticed the issue about 3 days ago (5/14), and attempted to do some different software updates. Nothing. I'm really lost. The tech guy at work (not a mac guy) said it could either be a video card problem or the display is failing. I know very little about these things, but I do know the computer is out of warranty.

Any advice/help/suggestions?

2. gr3chan macrumors newbie

gr3chan

Most likely a bad LCD. If you have access to a monitor, use you video adapter that came with your computer to connect the display to your macbook. If the problem is replicated onto the external monitor, then the video card is bad, which requires a logic board replacement on your model. If video is normal on the external display, then your LCD is bad and will need replaced.

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann