Late 2007 MacBook SuperDrive Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacGeek1994, Jul 18, 2010.

1. MacGeek1994 macrumors newbie

My superdrive seems to have the problem of not wanting to take disks. I can insert the Snow Leopard DVD and it will take it but its like it has a hard time. It acts like the black things between the drive and the outside are in the way and it is having a hard time ejecting/inserting disks. If you try to put in a new disk, it won't take it, but after it spit it back out, if you put it back in, it takes. I wonder if it was because the disk was holding the velvet things open?

I hardly ever use the superdrive in it since I mostly do DVD burning on my faster PC drive so I don't know what the problem is.

Seems to have started happening after they replaced the top case because it cracked.

Any help is appreciated.

2. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Look very closely at the plastic inlet around the SuperDrive. Is it perfectly straight, or does it appear to be bowing down just a little bit?

If it's not entirely straight, take it back to the shop that replaced your palm rests. They make be able to make a 5-minute adjustment to get it working nicely again :).