Late 2007 Macbook to SL quick thoughts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yaboze, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I thought I'd post my early findings. I have a late 2007 Santa Rosa MB in white, 4GB and 2.2 Core 2. Mine came with Leopard and still included the remote. :)

Anyway, I was a bit leery about SL, because this is a little older, but I did a in place upgrade, it took about 45 minutes.

I must say, things feel quite a bit snappier, even the graphics around the dock and windows. It boots up a little faster and seems to shut down pretty fast.

I've heard mixed things about things being slower for some people, but I can say this feels nicer. I'm still poking around to see what else has changed.

One thing of note, my Brother MFP's little control center app was removed in the process but the driver is still there. So I need to find how out how I am going to scan and stuff over the network.

Overall I am very happy with the upgrade, I'm just glad it's not slower.....

2. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

Thanks for the info. I have the same model MBP except mine has 2 GB Ram. My disc is still in the order process even though I pre-ordered :rolleyes: