Late 2007 Macbook white Slow Down Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bebetto, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Bebetto macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some help/advice about my Late 2007 Macbook.

I am running OSX Lion 10.7.5, I have 4gb RAM and 2.2 GHZ Intel Core 2 DUO.

I also run Sophos Anti-Virus (not sure if this is relevant!)

Recently it seems as if the MacBook is generally slowing down in day to day use. Seems to take an age to boot up and for Applications to start. This even happens with no other applications running.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or if it could just be old age? Any tips I could use to speed the old girl up!!!

Many thanks

Rob:)

2. madmacfan macrumors 6502

First things first, You probably don't need antivirus software on your mac, so that can be removed. As long as you keep your system updated with the latest apple security updates and practice safe computing, you'll be fine. Second thing to recommend would be to do a SMC reset and check your activity monitor to see what apps are using the most system resources. Failing all the above, Open up your macbook and clean out the vents and the heat exchanger, if it still runs hot then changing the thermal heatsink compound is also an option.

3. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Greetings,

have you familiarized yourself with this guide:http://guides.macrumors.com/Enhancing_Performance_of_your_Mac

RGDS,

4. Bebetto thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys

Will try/read the tips you've given.

5. Lord Xeb macrumors member

Remove your AV and also check the hard drive. Generally when I see machines come into the AASP that I work at and they are running like you are describing, the drive is going. Especially in those older machines when the drives are original to the machine, they do wear out and fail eventually, and even more so in a laptop.