Late 2008 15.4" MBP HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trivial rock, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Trivial rock macrumors regular

Trivial rock

I have just purchased (well on the day of release) the base model MBP (late 2008). I was actually going for the 2.4 Alu MacBook but due to long and unintersting complications and a twist of luck I was offered the MBP for £10 less than I could have got the 2.4ghz MB for.
    It is the standard configuration and Im looking to upgrade the HDD.

Im looking to add a 320gb (+) HDD that runs at 7200rpm, what specifications do the drive need to fulfill to be compatible.

So far I understand it needs to be a 2.5" laptop drive with SATA connectivity. Are there any other requirements or are those quoted incorrect.

Is there a maximum drive size that is compatible (gb not physical size). I live in the UK so if you know a good retailer that would be great too.
    Dabs seem to be pretty good.

Sorry this thread seems to go on, last Q though; brand? Which brand has people found reliable, I have heard mixed things about WD but have had no problems with my external WD HDD I have had for over 2 years now.
    I've also heard good things about seagate.

All help is much appreciated.

2. Trivial rock thread starter macrumors regular

Trivial rock

Thanks for a useful and quick reply, I apollogise for repeating a current thread (clearly hadn't searched well enough)!
    Question answered :)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Feel free to AIM me for any other help if you want. It's nice to cut down on typing when you've already answered this question. :D