Late 2008 Aluminium MacBook Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HnZ, Jul 21, 2009.

1. HnZ macrumors member

Hi everybody!!

Just some days ago, i realized, that my old white macbook has a longer battery life than my new alu macbook... and also the batter charging is taking longer...

Do you have the same thing?

Do you have any tips to maximize battery life? I was thinking about reducing the backlight (screen) but LED seems to use less battery than lcd, so it wouldn't make any advantage, right?

2. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

I don't know how the length of the charge compares, but my battery takes an excruciating amount of time to charge.

3. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

My unibody always took longer to charge than my friend's BlackBook, however, it lasted longer from 100%.

4. HnZ thread starter macrumors member

my battery charge takes about 2:34h

if i use airport and safari i have a battery time about 2 hours... it's not that long...

last year i used my white macbook for school (without airport, brightness 1, only pages started) and i got near 5 hours

now with my alu macbook i have only around 4 hours of battery life... like me, it seems that something uses more power...

5. 5280m macrumors member

The plastic macbooks seem to last longer because they have a larger battery capacity. The aluminum macbook should get better battery life with similar usage to the old plastic macbooks.

6. HnZ thread starter macrumors member

do you thing snow leopard will bring longer battery life??