Price Advice Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nathanreid, Apr 12, 2012.

1. nathanreid macrumors newbie

Hey guys- I am looking to sell my Macbook this summer in order to upgrade it to the newer Macbook Pros. It is a 2.4 Ghz Intel Duo Core, 8GB RAM, 128SSD. Just had everything looked over by the Apple store for three days, they fixed the heat sink and said everything else was in great condition. Have original battery (Holds about 50%) and a second new apple battery with a brand new MagSafe Adaptor.

If I could get an estimation on how much I could sell it for, that would be awesome!

Price to sell on either eBay or on Craigslist

Thanks!!

2. nathanreid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks- I've already checked that. Have it priced at about 570, but I think I'd be able to sell it for more on Craigslist considering some people might not know the difference between a 2.4 ghz duo core and a brand new 2.4 ghz dual core i5 lol

3. simsaladimbamba

So you are hoping to exploit the ignorance of someone to get more money?
    Then why not just do it, no need to ask for pricing advice then. Just try to sell your MacBook for whatever you want and see, if some idiot pays for it.

4. nathanreid thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just trying to lighten the mood a little ha
    But I have noticed that there is a large price difference between craigslist and eBay. Has anyone else noticed that?