Late 2008 MacBook and random spiked CPU

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ohla313, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Hi all,

I just bought a used 2008 MacBook with 2.4 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, and 160GB hard drive as my previous post entails. I brought it to the Genius Bar to run a diagnostic as soon as I got it. The Genius there was so polite and kind and not only did she run a diagnostic and told me everything was fine, but that since the Macbook had Applecare until August 2011 they can replace the inner frame for free! I was so happy because the inside looked very worn out. She even included a free copy of iWork! So I picked it up today and its got new bezel and new keys and frame. I was very happy but then I turned it on...

Once I was using it, at random moments, even at times where I was doing nothing with no programs open, the fans would kick in and CPU would spike. I have a screenshot of the activity monitor and it appears to be some mds worker program? I have a Macbook Pro as well so I am not too new to this but am confused regardless.

Here is a link to the screenshot: [​IMG]

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That's odd, I had a similar experience with mine once when it had gone to the screen saver and display sleep, however it only happened once. No idea what caused it.