Late 2008 Macbook Mushy Key

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sean2, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Sean2 macrumors newbie

Hi, I just replaced the right command key on my Macbook, and now it does not feel very firmly in place and is a bit wobbly and mushy. As far as I can tell, there is no problem with the keycap or plastic scissor underneath, but I might be wrong. I am wondering what the problem might be, and whether it is possible to fix it without replacing the whole keyboard. My Macbook is a late 2008 13" aluminum Unibody A1278, if that helps. Thanks.

2. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

As long as the metal prongs underneath are good also, then it can only be these parts that affect the feeling of the key so I suggest you check those again. Did you get replacement parts when you bought a new key. I ordered a new P key for my MacBook and it came with extra bits, only now it feels super new and crunchy and everything else feels soft and weak!!

3. Sean2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't tell if there is a problem with any part in particular, but that might be because I am a bit of a noob. I took a few photos of all of the components; maybe there is something obvious that I am missing. http://imgur.com/a/cQubw

What sort of replacement parts do you mean?

4. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

I just meant new plastic clips and a new rubber part.