Late 2008 Macbook pro minidisplay port problems and lcd issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by byeehaaw, Nov 12, 2008.

1. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

hey guys i bought the minidisplay port to dvi and been using it. it works, but when my mbp screen shuts off and i move the mouse to wake the screen, my external monitor does not turn on. i have to unplug the minidisplay port and replug it in, in order for the screen to show up on the external. i was also wondering if any of you guys have a loose screen. say i have my mbp open and i tilt it forward, the screen isnt locked, but in fact opens even more. is it supposed to be like that or am i the only one having that problem?

2. xenohawk macrumors member

xenohawk

I had the same problem too but different condition. Had a 24" Eizo connected through minidisplay port to DVI. Instead of having the external monitor not turning on, the display is corrupted. I have to unplug it and plug in again to fix it.

3. byeehaaw thread starter macrumors 6502

does this call for me to take it back to the apple store? also im pretty concerned about this screen.

4. xenohawk macrumors member

xenohawk

About the loose screen, if you checked a couple of earlier topics it is supposed to be like that due to the design of the lightweight screen. If you tilt it and give it a tiny nudge the screen will collapse on gravity.

5. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

the video issues are known problems and they're working on a fix..