Late 2008 Macbook Unibody slowdown.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SOLLERBOY, May 7, 2010.

1. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

I got my 2.4 Alu Unibody macbook in December 2008. I've been using it quite a lot. Recently I am a getting the spinning beach ball a lot, sometimes just opening a new tab in safari (no flash). I also noticed the battery health has dropped to 96% after being over 100% for all these months. I do regularly calibrate as well.

Does anyone else have any issues with these machines going slower than they were? Any ideas how to fix it?? I was going to upgrade to 4gb ram but it's nearly £100 and I just paid that to upgrade my imac.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I have the same MacBook but I upgraded to 4GB and a 7200rpm HDD immediately. Mine hasn't slowed down at all. My battery is still 100% and my calibration intervals are way less than perfect. I feel that you shouldn't have that large of a slow down unless you have background items running ramp-id or maybe you have a full hard drive that doesn't have room for swap. Check your activity monitor for such apps and keep at least 10-15% hd space free. I do recommend 4GB if possible for today's usage.

Keep searching and reading and testing and maybe you can get that puppy back up to speed.