Late 2008 MBP Complete Hardware Failure (I Think)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RavenWinds, Jul 22, 2009.

1. RavenWinds macrumors member

Hi Everyone

i need help and advice in regards to my MBP

20 minutes previous to this post i was on my MBP playing music and World of Warcraft, when all of a sudden everything seemed to freeze and a strange noise came out of the speakers.

i held down the power button to shut it down and the instant it shut down the screen flashed white for an instant.

when i attempted to turn it back on everything seemed normal for a second or two but the glowing light that is in the base of my MBP turned a solid white the screen went white and i got this angry sounding noise comming from the speakers like a siren.

i held down the power button to shut it down and turned it on again. same thing happened.

i left it for less than ten minutes and tried it again. this time the screen will not even turn on and no sounds are happening. all i am getting is the glowing light in the base of the MBP.

my MBP is partioned with windows XP but i was in the mac partion when this happened. and i was using the stronger of the two graphics cards (9600 gt)

i took out the apple support so im covered ok but i hope and pray that i have not lost everything on my hard drive.

can anyone please shed any light on my problem. is it the graphics card? (i thought that the nividia problems were fixed with this model) or is it the logic board?

Thanks in advance

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

You would be covered regardless since the computer is less than one year old. It sounds like an issue with the logic board to me. Make an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized service center.

3. RavenWinds thread starter macrumors member

Hi there

thanks very much for you quick response.

i was hoping that it would not have to come to that but at least i am covered under warranty

thanks again