Late 2008 MBP - ExpressCard Flap/Door coming 'Unstuck'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MitchMan, Oct 27, 2008.

1. MitchMan macrumors newbie

I have just received my Late 2008 MBP and one of the imperfections I have found is that the ExpressCard Slot Flap/Door seems to be coming unstuck, and sticks out from the Unibody when closed. I think after a while it will fall off. I can press it back on, but then after a while it comes unstuck again.

I think it is just a piece of plastic stuck to the flap mechanism by double sided tape!

Has anyone else got this problem, and any solutions to it? :apple:

2. JK.online macrumors member

Mine does spring back and seems normal enough... the problem (or it may be the way it's designed) is when it comes to actually putting something in there.

Have you tried putting something in there? Have you noticed if there's a different sort of mechanism used compared to the previous MBP? Do you find that you can push the device in but it doesn't completely lock in/spring back a bit?

3. consumedsoul macrumors regular

Out of curiosity, what ExpressCard peripherals do you guys have/use?

4. Atomic Ed macrumors regular

Please visit my thread and enter you build date info and issues. I am trying to collect some info as to whether or not machines with issues are relative to a specific factory or build week. Thanks.... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=590398

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I use a SanDisk Expresscard card reader in mine. It is inserted all the time.