Late 2008 MBP + Firefox 3.0.4 = Computer does not automatically sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LeonAnderson, Nov 25, 2008.

1. LeonAnderson macrumors newbie

This is a continuation of this problem: http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=143818&forumId=1

Basically, if you leave the latest version of Firefox running and you set your auto-sleep time to 1minute, does your machine go to sleep?

Mine doesn't.

I originally thought the problem was with iStatMenus but after ~2 hours of testing, I narrowed it down to Firefox.

This test takes less than 2 minutes to conduct. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Are you sure this isn't intentional? To keep the machine from auto-sleeping during a long download?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Mine won't even sleep without anything downloading; very frustrating; battery drained today after I closed the lid and thought the computer was sleeping.

4. MacDrummer macrumors newbie

I cant sleep with my display open... but with it closed, it sleeps just fine.

If i want to sleep with the display open, i just quit ff.

5. LeonAnderson thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issue. Discovered Firefox was the culprit the hard way (actually testing different combinations of programs)...

I'm suprised Mozilla has not fixed this bug. People have been complaining since 3.0.1.