Late 2008 MBP. Having trouble clicking.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryannazaretian, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

This is not a firmware upgrade issue, as this also happens with external mice.

My laptop on OSX seems to have issues clicking. It's like it is not clicking in the correct place. This happens anytime, and in any application. What made me post this was not seeing anyone else posting an issue like this and I wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.

It's like this:

You have a program open, and position your mouse right on the button to click. When you click, it's like it doesn't even register it. Again, this happens with the trackpad (with new firmware update) and with external mice.

In quick preview, I had the mouse right in the center of the X to close the window, and it would not take it, even if I moved the mouse around.

This happens in the Dock all the time as well. Whenever I want to switch to an application, it often makes me open it in a very small area, but will not register in the majority of the icon.

Anyone else have this issue? Anybody know a fix? I've tried SMC and PRAM, and of course restarts and repairing permissions.

2. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Sort of a bump for my thread. The problem continues even though I have reinstalled OSX. In System Preferences - Appearance I have "Minimize when double-clicking a window title bar" unchecked. I noticed that the problem 'goes away' when I have it checked; however, the problem is just transfered elsewhere, so when I click an the red X, it will just minimize. This is pretty random, but it happens quite often, and is very annoying.

Can someone please try to run their Unibody 15" MacBook pro for a bit with this unchecked and see if you have the same problem?