Late 2008 (Pre-Unibody) Macbook Pro Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uamwf, Nov 14, 2011.

1. uamwf macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2008

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this and if it's not just let me know! I have been having issues with my Macbook Pro lately, specifically freezing, non-responsiveness and screen flashing/pixelation (sp?). I have had my Logic Board replaced once because of the known video card issue and I was wondering if anyone had info on if this was the same issue? The computer is just over 3 years old so it is now not covered by AppleCare and I wanted to see if anyone had some input on here before I took it to the apple store.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Attached Files:

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Mar 14, 2008
    That is most likely the dreaded nVidia 8600gt that has failed on you. You are covered by Apple free of charge up to 4 years after the date of purchase.

Bring it in, you'll get a new logicboard free of charge if the computer fails the nVidia test.
  3. uamwf thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2008
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. Thanks, I'm taking it in tonight - weather permitting - to get it taken care of. It's starting to happen more often and I need my computer in working order considering I have finals coming up quite soon!