Late 2008 slow boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by strat71, Jan 26, 2016.

1. strat71 macrumors newbie

My mac boots slower than to expect.
    When i press the power button it doesn't react right away and go to white screen as expected.
    Mine stays black screen for about 5 sec,and then white about 7 sec before apple appears and then about 12-15 sec to desktop.
    As you can see i have a okay fast SSD,that i have tested in a late 2009 mac mini with a boot time at 15 sec.
    I have tried SMC and NV/Pram resets,boot without SSD and ram and it it still the same,so it is not disk or ram.
    Has anybody else had that behaviour or know what causes this ?
    I know its an old machine,but when OS X is loaded it goes all fine a fast.

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Doesn't sound too outrageous to me. But do you have more than one OS installed? Check that the proper volume is selected in System Preferences -> Startup Disk.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

With my mid-2007 MBP it's an instant on black, white and boot logo screen for almost 30 seconds, then login screen. SSD here, too. No peripherals attached.

4. strat71 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes,tried that and only1 OS,its the mac itself,since i´ve tried without disk and ram

5. KimUsername macrumors member

When I replaced my Hd with an SSD it initially had a delay before booting.
    I found it was because my old HD was selected as Startup Disk. It would look around for it for a while and then go to SSD.
    Once I changed the startup disk under Preferences and Startup Disk, the delay was gone.

Kim