Late 2008 Uni MB Display + SL = Better?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PhightinPhils26, Aug 28, 2009.

1. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Am I supposed to notice a difference in my display being better on my MB? I have the 9400M and did a clean install of SL... Is this supposed to look better or is it just in my head?

2. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Some of it could be the change from 1.8 to 2.2 gamma that Apple made. That said mine looks a lot different now too. I had the gamma set to 2.2 before and the colors still look different and the screen seems much brighter at the highest setting. They must have made some changes to the color profiles??

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I've noticed my screen is pretty bright compared to leopard. Also on a late 2008 uMBP

4. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

I figured that it would look better in certain situations with the Open CL but not quite in everyday internet usage etc.

5. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

My screen on my 13" MBP is decidedly different on Snow leopard. I put my original profiles back in that I used before my clean install and no question screen is hugely brighter!!!!

6. skm macrumors newbie

OpenCL has nothing to do with how the OS/applications look.

OpenCL does use the graphics card(s) but not for displaying anything. It uses (well, will - once people start using it in their programs) them for general purposes (e.g. converting video/pictures etc)

7. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Thank you for clarifying, it must be the brightness/gamma then!