late 2008 unibody 9c85 Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by G.T., Jun 22, 2009.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I also posted in this thread but no replies yet http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7913462

I have calibrated my late 2008 uMBP with apples standard calibrator. It took sometime but I think this is as best I can get it by eye. What do u think, I took some pictures to give an idea of viewing angle etc. Also I have the 9c85 screen which seemed more yellow than white, until calibrating. It might be a bit cooler than it should be though.

The colour from left to right is red, green, yellow, blue, white, grey, black. I did it in photoshop quickly to test with.

Here is the front

DSC02384.JPG

Here is the 2 sides

DSC02386.JPG DSC02387.JPG

Here is top view

DSC02388.JPG

Here is a shot to give indication of colour for movies

DSC02389.JPG

2. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

It looks fine from the pictures. I have that screen as well.

4. kloan macrumors regular

Kinda funny posting pictures of your colours as they're only going to look as good as the monitor a person is viewing them on.

For example, if someone's display is still way out of whack, they could look at your pictures and think they're not very good.

I always find commercials with TVs funny in the same way since they're trying to show you how great their new picture technology is, but it's only going to look as nice as your TV can show.

Anyway, from what I can tell on my display, it looks good. :)

5. RKpro macrumors 6502

+1, LoL

I remember a while ago I was watching a movie on VHS, and before the movie started there were ads. And there was an advertisement for DVD (the format) on the VHS tape, and it was various action movie clips, and it was trying to show me the superior picture you get on DVD.

6. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah sorry never though, I'm like that when they show HD tvs on screen and stuff. Anyway onething I was really showing was more how the viewing angle is now better. Before whites went yellow at even a slight angle, now it is so much better. Also I suppose I was hoping people saw the pictures on proper monitors which have better colour accuracy :D