Late 2008 unibody Macbook Ram upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wrestlerkm, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Wrestlerkm macrumors newbie

After reading this Forum for sometime and finding out that it is possible to upgrade the Late 2008 unibody macbook to 8gb of ram, I decided to buy some ram and try it out for myself. I ended up buying this ram (http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Memory-Module-KTA-MB1066K2-8G/dp/B001PS9UKW) After reading the good reviews and hearing it worked on many late 2008 unibody Macbooks.
    The install of the ram went prefectly fine i followed the instructions that apple provided. Then when I got everything put back together i started my macbook back up and it wouldn't boot, all i got was a white/grey screen with the apple logo on it. After a few attemps to boot I decided that i would put my old ram in and see if it was just bad ram i got. Now my macbook won't even boot with my old ram.
    Now i have ran out of ideas on how to fix my macbook. Can you guys please help?

2. Wrestlerkm, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

Wrestlerkm thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried booting my Macbook up using SMC reset and PRAM reset with no luck. I do now have a Snow Leopard boot disk whick i will try out now. My big fear is that even thou i discharged the static electricity, that i may of still zapped something and fried the ram and maybe even other components.

Also would it be worth my while to go get 2X2gb sticks and try those?