Late 2008 Unibody Macbook & Windows 8 (Big Problems)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MacBigWorm, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MacBigWorm macrumors newbie

I have a Late 2008 Unibody Macbook. On the Mac side I'm running mountain lion. I have bootcamp 4.0. On the windows side I had windows 7 and it worked like a charm. Out of curiosity last saturday I upgraded it to Windows 8. Not a clean instal with disc. I bought it of the microsoft website aka digital download.

At first everything worked fine except the track pad. After a couple instal restarts heres what I lost.

-TRACK PAD DOEST WORK
    -SOUND DOESNT WORK
    -NO INTERNET (wi-fi & internet)

I've tried that +++Trackpad fix people had success with but it was a no go with me.

I called one of my Chinese buddy's that has a computer shop and he said proper drivers won't be out for at least 3 weeks...

Has anyone been successful with windows 8 on a Late 2008 Unibody Macbook?

I honestly would not recommend anyone installing it for a while.... :(

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

You should be able to roll back to windows 7 without clean installing. That's a nice advantage of upgrading to windows 8.

3. MacBigWorm thread starter macrumors newbie

^ Thx for the advice...

This thing has been bothering me for a while so I decided to investigate further and I just fixed 2 of the three issues I had.

Moments ago. I went into services and noticed they where all unchecked. I DID NOT SHUT THESE OFF MANUALLY WINDOWS DID IT IN THE UPGRADE. I enabled them all and suddenly I got my Internet, eject button & volume back. My next move is to re try that +++Track pad thing... My figers are crossed.

4. MacBigWorm thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I finally got everything working... lol

uninstalled drivers.

re installed boot camp.

set the drivers to usb device.

then re set them to apple device.