Late 2008 Unibody screen flicker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cderalow, Mar 12, 2010.

1. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

I've noticed recently that occasionally my screen will intermittently flicker.

It doesn't seem to be tied to anything specific. Just a random black screen flash.

2. cderalow thread starter macrumors 6502

cderalow

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just tryin' to help. Good luck in your search.

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

Probably the same thing. Mine was fine (maybe flickered once or twice in the first few months), but the flickering got more and more frequent until I sent it in to be fixed. Do you have AppleCare?

5. nconnella macrumors regular

Same thing. Mine is almost 2 years old and it just started. I posted somewhere else what to do but to recap quickly. Send it to apple let them try and diagnose. If they can't see the flicker and won't fix it, speak to a senior supervisor and express your frustration because it's an "intermittent issue" and get them to override a repair. If they do see the issue let them try and fix it. (Most likely will replace logic board). If that doesn't fix it, speak to the senior supervisor again after getting it back, refer them to the hundreds of people here who are having the problem, and the online youtube clip demonstrating the issue, say you cant afford to have your computer shipping back and forth and most likely they will offer a replacement. That's what they did to me. Haven't done it yet though because waiting for them to release the update before I get my new one. Also, be POLITE, do not be an ****** or you will get nowhere. Calmly and kindly express your frustration and you will get what you want.

6. cderalow thread starter macrumors 6502

cderalow

trust me, since this is a replacement for my original 2006MBP from apple through applecare, I know exactly how to handle the system should it be necessary.