Price Advice Late 2009 iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crzdcolombian, Jun 29, 2014.

1. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I took my GFs 2009 iMac into apple because the HD was acting weird. Paid 200 because I didn't want to take the HD out myself. Then I took it home. The display didn't work. Took it to apple they fixed it for free. Now have to take it to apple a 3rd time because the display isn't 100% attached to the iMac !!! The apple store near my parents is being renovated but this really is crappy service.

Any way how much do you think I can get for this? I was going to give it to a family member but its kind of old and I already bought my parents a new iMac for Xmas last year.

Amazon has these up for 550 but who would pay $550 for this. What do you think its worth considering it has a new HD and display. Apple store says it now has 1 year warranty and everything else on it is fine. I don't really feel like selling it on ebay or amazon because it weighs a ton !!

2. thesimplelogic macrumors regular

The price you will get depends on what the CPU is, the amount of RAM installed, the condition of the computer and if applicable, what programs are installed.
    Could you tell us some details about the computer?