Late 2009 Macbook Unibody Sleeves?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jesterscourt, Feb 28, 2010.

1. jesterscourt macrumors regular

I know, I know, another thread asking for advice. I've read through the forums, and I'm not really finding what I'm looking for. I'm seeing most of the sleeves on Amazon are listed as being for the other Macbook (the unibody aluminum one) I want a snug fit, and the power adapter shouldn't be factored into this decision, as I don't want a messenger bag, I will carry my Macbook in my backpack, so we're good there.

Price range is under $40 USD including shipping. I was at the Apple store last week, and I looked at the Paul Frank ones, I don't need a designer case, I want one that will protect it, and that's about it.

Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Sleeves don't offer a very high grade of protection. Maybe you could clarify what you mean by this. Incase sleeves fit well, as do most others.

3. jesterscourt thread starter macrumors regular

I want to protect it from scratches and getting banged around while inside my backpack: [​IMG]

I know it's not going to keep it from heavy drops and all that, I just want a half decent sleeve so it doesn't get nicked being bumped into anything else.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The generic $39 incase sleeve is great. I use it for my Unibody, but my 12" iBook fits just fine (iBook is 1.35" thick)

They may advertise it as for the Unibody, but it'll fit the regular model just fine. The unibody is 0.95" thick whereas the older WhiteBook is 1.08" thick.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-sleeve-cl57098 is the one I have.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I'd always go for the be.ez sleeves now days. Their memory foam is super protective

Attached Files:

6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

7. jesterscourt thread starter macrumors regular

Just ordered be.ez sleeve in black/wasabe. Hopefully it'll be here in a few days. Thanks everyone!

8. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

great choice. The memory foam is just so much better than the basic neoprene you get on other cases

9. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I wonder how the be.ez sleeves fit. The popular Incase sleeves are a bit too tight for the new White unibodies since these are slightly wider than the old white/black/aluminum Macbooks. Good luck with your purchase!

10. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

the be.ez sleeves, at least the one I have, fit both the older white macbooks and the poly unibody ones