Late 2009 Macbook upgrades

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nosefacekilla, Aug 2, 2013.

1. nosefacekilla macrumors newbie

I just ordered 8gb of ram from crucial, and i also ordered a 240gb ssd for my unibody 2009 macbook, with a 2.4ghz processor, because it was starting to be really slow, and i am going to college this year. I think these upgrades will greatly improve my mac, and is much cheaper than buying a new pc or mac for college, i also plan on splitting the harddrive in two, and have one run mac os and the other windows 8 because im a business major, do you think this mac will run well enough for a college student? that games a lil, mostly just minecraft?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Barring any unknown problems it should be good and you'll notice the improvement with those upgrades.

Just for kicks though, create a new user account on the Mac and see if it's as slow as with your current account.

3. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I would have simply wiped it clean and redo a fresh install of osx....might be other issues? As even my 2008 black macbook 2.4GHz with stock 2 gig's ram and fresh install of snow leopard flys!

4. nosefacekilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea i think im gonna clean restore it, or just put the new ssd and go off that because it will be cleaned, the only thing im not sure how to do is partiton the drive in 2, and how to copy memory from the hdd im running on now to my new ssd