Late 2009 MBP RAM Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RapsacDK, Oct 8, 2011.

1. RapsacDK macrumors member

RapsacDK

Hello fellas,

I just upgraded my MBP with an SSD - and it's lovely! However, I'm stuck with the original 2x2GB RAM. I've been out of the hardware market for quite a while, and haven't really taken any interest in the hardware market for laptops.

I saw the prices on RAM have dropped significantly since I saw still an active gamer. However, I have an idea that I can't use regular RAM for my MBP?

I'm looking for either 2x4GB or 2x8GB (depending on the prices). Keep in mind I'm a poor student, and my budget isn't the greatest - still, however, I want quality :)

I'll reward the one who can fullfil my dreams with a big thank you!

Have a nice saturday
    By the way: Go Patriots!

[​IMG]

2. cindyhy, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

cindyhy macrumors member

You can use regular RAM as long as you get all the specs right. Click "Memory Upgrade Instruction" , the link on the bottom right corner of the window in your screen cap". The link shows the specs. If you are really unsure, download the Crucial Memory Scanner. This will tell you exactly what RAM your machine needs and its maximum capacity (8G).
    http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/MacOS.aspx

3. karine macrumors newbie

and did anyone try 8gb ?

Did anybody try to insert 2x8gb ram into a 2009-13inch Macbook Pro ?

In mine, one RAM slot is dead, so with 2x4gb it uses only 4gb and says that the other slot is empty, so I would be happy to buy one 8gb and use it instead of 4.