Late 2009 Unibody trackpad/keyboard problem...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by killahboo, Jan 14, 2011.

1. killahboo macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I was looking for a little help with my loved macbook pro.

The trackpad stopped clicking recently so I ordered a new trackpad online. When removing the old unit I slightly ripped the cable connecting the trackpad to the logic board. Now neither the trackpad or keyboard works lol. I was wondering if anyone knew if the problem would be the cable/ribbon for the keyboard or that is a totally seperate problem. I have ordered a new cable to come on Monday but was wondering if there was anythign else i could check before then.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

If the trackpad is not plugged in on these, the keyboard doesn't work either.

It's also a little late, but the clicking issue can often be fixed simply by tiny adjustments to the T6 "screw" that's up against the trackpad's actual clicker.

3. killahboo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, that is some good news then I guess. Hopefully the new ribbon cable will fix everything.

I did fiddle around with the srew atthe back of the trackpad and it did help for a little while however it slowely got worse. I think it might have had water damage or something. It definetely needed replacing. I should have been more careful removing the old cable it was a pain to get out though as it was stuck down. Fingers crossed on monday the new cable fixes things :D