Late 2010 13" MacBook Air replacement battery suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Murl, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Murl macrumors member

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good replacement battery for a late 2010 13" MacBook air with the core 2 duo? My current battery last 45min to 1.5hours depending on what you are doing. I have read that some of the replacements work well for a month or two and you are back in the same boat. Any recommendations on one that will perform like the original? Ideally I need to get another couple years out of this laptop.

2. bag99001 macrumors member

Just go to Apple. They'll do it.

3. Murl thread starter macrumors member

4. iLondoner macrumors 6502

iLondoner

Mine's a mid-2011 13-inch with a run-time currently of 2-3 hours. I tried a cheapie from Amazon with poor results and ended up putting the original back in.

It seems to me that if you want a good solution you should buy Apple.

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

6. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I just bought one off ebay for my 2013 Macbook Air. According to coconutbattery my battery manufacturer is Dynapack, which as far as I was able to google, is actually a supplier for Apple batteries, so I think mine is genuine.

I just made sure to buy one that had many sold and was coming from the US (I am based in the US). I also tried not to buy the cheapest option out there (I spent $50, you can probably do better but I really wanted a genuine battery).

Installation was pretty easy (I've never opened up my Macbook Air before. It was really dusty)

I'm trying the battery for the first time right now. Battery estimate has been at >10hrs for the past 24 minutes and still at 100% so I think I am good. Obviously it is too soon to tell if this will hold up, but right now the battery feels the same as when the machine was new.

I don't think the 2010 Macbook Air's use the same battery but here is the one I bought in case the seller also supplies the version you need:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121891334314?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

7. kohlson macrumors 65816

I think it depends on how long you want to keep the MBA. I think Apple is the most cost-effective if you're planning to keep it for a long time. Apple batteries can last up to 1000 cycles (at least they do on mine).

8. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Apple won't replace it because that model Air is no longer supported. I just went though this with them on my late 2010 Air. After a lot of research I bought a replacement battery from Newer Tech (www dot newertech dot com). It came with the tools to change it and the battery is a perfect fit. In fact, it looks exactly like the one I took out. Easy to change and it works great too. There are some cheaper ones on eBay and Amazon that don't fit exactly, so beware of trying to save a few bucks and having a problem. I bought one of those for an older MBP and brand new it wouldn't last much longer than the battery it replaced.

9. JonLa macrumors 6502