Late 2010 13"mbp issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by illinoisbuck, Dec 29, 2011.

1. illinoisbuck macrumors newbie

Alright guys i will start off by saying i am an idiot when it comes to computers so these are probably easy fixes/dumb questions so go easy on me. My macbook has just recently started running really slow, beachballs all the time. also not sure when it happened but the battery level is no longer displayed in the top bar. also used to be just had to open it to wake it but now have to hit spacebar or maybe any key just always hit spacebar to wake. Also when i shut it i have to go back into system preferences to connect back to my internet(wireless). would also like to get a good app for cleaning/decluttering. sorry for all the questions and any answers to any of these would be greatly appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

System Preferences > Energy Saver > Show battery status in menu bar

Have you tried an SMC reset yet?
    Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) (Apple Support Site)

If the first link does not work, as the Apple Support Pages are bit funky these last weeks:
    Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) (PDF from that Apple Support Page about resetting the SMC)​

Does clicking the AirPort icon in the Menu Bar and selecting your network not work?
    What kind of router do you have?

No need, as you can delete your data by yourself, and applications via the following guide:
    Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
    And keep away from CleanMyMac:

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find answers to your questions:
    [​IMG]

And also have a look at the following to learn more about Mac OS X:

3. illinoisbuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx

Thanks sins I will try these when I get home

4. illinoisbuck thread starter macrumors newbie

another ?

when i click on the show battery in status bar it checks and then unchecks and does it when unlocked to make changes. any guesses?

----------

also tried the smc reset and still have to hit spacebar to wake

5. Axiosion macrumors newbie

Which version of Mac OS X are you using with your MacBook Pro? You can find this information by clicking on the Apple in the menu bar and then choose "About this Mac" from the menu that appears.

6. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Try this click on Finder then click on System Library then click on Core Services then click
    on Menu Extras the last but not least click on Battery Menu also you will notice there are a lot of things you can clutter the bar with.
    Not sure if this will help, but if you downloaded a new software lately that could also be an issue..

7. illinoisbuck thread starter macrumors newbie

10.6.8 also tried the battery menu route but this didnt help either. it acts like it wants to put it up there and the other icons slide like they are making room for it but then they just slide back.