Late 2010-Early 2011 MacBook Pros!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vtokmak, Aug 2, 2010.

  1. vtokmak macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    #1
    Guys what do you think about next gen MBP's. Anandtech says with Sandy Bridge platform(Q1 2011) it will be huge performance increase with lesser heat. Do you think Apple will use new tech right away or stay with old tech for a while?
     
  2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    #2
    One would hope they would jump to the newer tech straight away (especially considering the only thing available between the current CPUs and SB will be barely speed-bumped Arrandales); but this is Apple we're talking about, so who knows what they'll do.
     
  3. C64 macrumors 65816

    C64

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2008
    #3
    They might also not update late 2010, early 2011 but wait a few months more and do a very late refresh in april/may like this year.
     
  4. DaftMonk macrumors member

    DaftMonk

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #4
    April to June 2011 is most likely for the next major update; the small processor bump will come in September or October of this year. I predict we'll see USB 3.0, an upgraded GPU, bumps in processing power, and bumps in battery life in 2011.
     
  5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

    mgartner0622

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2010
    Location:
    Colorado, USA
    #5
    +1. Remember, the last 3 update cycles, This past one, the June '09, and the Oct. 08 for the Unibody MacBooks (& Pros)
    There has been a early summer update these past 3 years, and I would predict Apple continues that trend, however like the poster above said they will probably bump the processor speed, and maybe increase hard drive size this upcoming late fall/winter.
     
  6. aeboi macrumors 65816

    aeboi

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #6
    I honestly can't see a bump in battery life. But that's just me.
     
  7. Frosties macrumors 6502a

    Frosties

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2009
    Location:
    Sweden
    #7
    It could be easy if the software for the automatic change of graphicscard was made better. New versions of the intel card will also be released bringing more power and less need for the power draining nvidia card.
     
  8. vtokmak thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    #8
    I was about to buy a new MBP but now i am confused? Should i buy or wait i really dont care about cpu..But GPU is really important for me..
     
  9. SPX macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #9
    Buy; nobody here knows when the next MB/MBP is going to be released, nor do they know what features it will or won't have. If you were to wait, you may be waiting eight months or more.

    Go buy the computer that you want and enjoy it. "The next best thing" is always going to be coming, no matter what.
     
  10. Blaine macrumors 6502a

    Blaine

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2007
    Location:
    Abilene TX
    #10
    I'm very excited about sandy bridge! I'll probably update my core 2 unibody then. :D
     

Share This Page