Late 2010 MacBook Air...finally decided to switch to Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by byziphone4, Jul 19, 2012.

1. byziphone4 macrumors member

Well I finally did it!... After having Lion saved on a USB for almost a year I finally decided to make the switch from SL to Lion. My MacBook only has 2GB of Ram and 1.4 Core 2 Duo..the basic of them all...so I chose a clean install over a regular update. With ML coming out real soon...I decided to wait for user feedback on ML before I update to ML. Most especially I want to first hear feedback from other users running the same machine before I decide to make the switch again. But I figured that since I purchased this machine as a refurb last year and since Apple gave me a free copy of Lion...why not use this free copy of Lion for a little to get some use of something that was free and not stay sitting in my drawer on a USB before I buy ML.

So far...I am very impressed with some of the new features...well new to me! I am loving the full screen mode view! It looks great. I can't wait to see how overtime my machine will react to Lion. I have read some horror stories but I only use my computer for some basic computing anyways...because of this will I really experience any slowdown?

2. kamuix macrumors regular

No worries, I have also have a 2010 air, 13 inch, 2 gig ram, 1.86ghz core 2 and been running lion since it came out last year. It's still as fast as it was when I upgraded then. I'm looking forward to mountain lion as I'm interested in all the stuff that's coming.

3. byziphone4 thread starter macrumors member

Well a couple days of using it and today after installing apps...still is running great! So far, glad I made the switch!