Price Advice Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stooby Mcdoobie, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

I have a mint condition late 2011 13" MBP that I would like to sell as I no longer need the portability of a laptop. I have upgraded the RAM to 16GB and replaced the 500GB HDD with a Crucial M4 256GB SSD. What would be a good asking price for this? I would like to get around $1000 -- is this realistic? Has AppleCare thru May 2015.

Would I be better off replacing my upgrades with the stock parts and then selling the SSD separately? (I'm toying with the idea of putting the RAM in my Mac mini.)

Thanks in advance.

2. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I could see that machine selling for $900 - $1000. Depends how long you're willing to wait for the right buyer to come along.

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Upgrades will not significantly increase your sale price.

I would say that the computer may sell for 725-775 + 75 for RAM + 125 SSD

Alot of people purchasing used Macs dont care about RAM or even know what a SSD is - thats if you sell on CL.

4. Stooby Mcdoobie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

So do you think I'd be better off selling with the original RAM/HDD and selling the SSD separately? I saw used SSDs (same model) going for $150-200 on eBay.

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

The very best option is to use the upgrades yourself - otherwise its quite possible that selling them separate would be better. My price guess was based on CL - eBay would be higher but must factor in fees and shipping costs.

6. Phildo macrumors member

Phildo

If you still have the original hard drive, then put it back in and keep the SSD for future use elsewhere.