Late 2011 13" MBP Refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Airboy98, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Airboy98 macrumors member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the 13" MBP won't get much better than this new one.

Graphics - Probably just a slightly better Intel integrated gpu
    Screen res - Hopefully it'll be 1440x900, even though we should have gotten that with this refresh
    Battery - Possibly slightly better/longer life

All I'm saying is that the 13" MBP probably won't get much better than what we have now, so if you're waiting for thelate 2011 refresh, you might want to reconsider, at least for the 13".

Just my 2 cents :)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Early 2012 sounds more likely. Late 2011 update would end up being extremely minor as there are no faster CPUs available before early 2012 (Ivy Bridge).

3. Airboy98 thread starter macrumors member

Very true, so even longer for another slight hardware refresh.

4. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Id be seriously surprised if they refreshed the MBP line again, especially with a complete redesign rumored for 2010.

5. Airboy98 thread starter macrumors member

Looking back over last year, it's funny how so many people were right on what might happen to the 13". This was my thread from almost a year ago when Apple skipped out on the iX procs in the 13", but went with the nVidia 320m with C2D instead.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9656310

Because of the situation with nVidia/AMD and Intel over integrated GPUs with Sandy Bridge, I really don't see the 13" getting better graphics anytime soon.

6. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

I agree with Hellhammer.

If SB was a good update then IB will be a great update. It will bring quad core to the 13", 2 x GPU power than intel 3000 and thats without considering Lion will be out by then as well as the much anticipated Liquid Metal redesign to make the pro like the air

I just had a nerd-gasm thinking about it...