Late 2011 15 crashes and restarts with 27" ACD when turning off display after time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GoldfishRT, Nov 7, 2014.

1. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

So, I have my computer set to never sleep. I just received my 27" Apple Cinema Display and I love it. However, whenever I leave my computer running for a while I have it set to turn off the display. This shouldn't be a dramatic event but every time the computer has a panic and crashes and reboots. It appears like it has something to do with CPU energy saving behavior according to the error report.

The one time it didn't panic I was left with nothing but a black screen with my mouse cursor on it. Freely moving. Could even hear the bump sound when I mashed the keyboard so it sounded responsive.

I really don't think it's related to the GPU although I guess it could be. Had a new Logic Board put in at the end of July and I rarely cycle my computer and so the solder doesn't really have a chance to cool down and crack.

2. matty1551 macrumors 6502

Have you tried it with a different display to see if that is somehow causing an issue?