Price Advice Late 2011 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fynd, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Fynd macrumors 6502

15", late 2011 2.4ghz i7
    6770M 1GB
    Hi-Res glossy
    8GB DDR3
    750GB HDD + 120GB Corsair F3 SSD (optibay setup)
    perfect condition, even the keyboard (used a protector since purchase), also have original packaging/manuals/the works.

Would rather have a 13" air + TB Display now that school's finishing

2. Fynd thread starter macrumors 6502

Lots of views, nobody has any input on what I should be looking for for this?

3. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

There are probably mixed reviews on adding the optibay, since it voids the warranty. That is a big price not to have a warranty. Do you plan on sending the original ODD with the purchase?

4. Fynd thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, i have the original ODD in the enclosure that came with the optibay.

5. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I would think you could sell it for $1700, I know it has extra goodies, but like everything else, you don't get your money back on the options, it just makes it easier to sell. You could look at Amazon and see what they are going for, I saw one a step down with the optibay for $1800. Frankly if I am spending that kind of money and I did not perform the upgrades myself I would be hesitant buying one that has. You might have better luck pulling the optibay and putting back the ODD, and keeping the SSD for your 13". I think it will be more a sales hindrance with the optibay then an advantage. IMHO....

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Whenever you add custom options, you never see the return on that for resell.

I would sell it without the SSD or replace the SSD with the HDD. The optibay removal voided warranty and buyers look for warranty. Price maybe around the 1700 range. I recently bought an early 2011 15" 6750M Antiglare for $1600 brand new from retail so that should help you decide on the price.

7. manatee108 macrumors newbie

Potential Buyer

Hi, please message me. I am interested in the same setup with a 256GB SSD, so maybe I just buy yours without the SSD, but leave the Opti-dock in there?
    Would this 7mm high, 2.5" SSD fit?
    Message me pls or provide your contact details. I'm on the East Cost of US.