Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PapaGino

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Londonderry NH
Sadly the other day my 17in Macbook Pro had hot soup spilled on it while working in the cafe at my college when my friend got his lunch and tripped and his tray landed right on my MBP (talk about bad luck). Soup spilled all over the the keyboard and in seconds the screen went black. Currently the keyboard is warped from the hot soup and when i opened the bottom panel what was left of the soup dripped out a bit. My guess if the soup was hot enough to warp my keyboard it probably did the same to logic board but i don't know for sure. I was able to get all my data off and put it onto my windows laptop. So what I'm asking is should i even bother trying to see if anyone can try to fix it. I would assume the logic board would have to be replaced? What do you guys think?

PapaGino

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Londonderry NH
I'd cut your losses and buy a new rMBP.
That's what I figured, I also just put the hard drive in my 2008 17in for now as well. Personally I like the 17in screens better then the 15in, I use my superdrive often for making CDs and DVDs so the lack of a disk drive in the retina is a big negative for me. I ended up buying my 17in dell instead of a 2015 15in retina a few months back. I loved my 2011 17in MBP since it did everything I wanted/looked for in a Laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.