Late 2011 MBP Freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pcgeek12345, Feb 22, 2015.

1. pcgeek12345, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015

pcgeek12345 macrumors regular

I updated the firmware on my SSD yesterday, and since then I have had two instances where my Mac totally freezes up and beachballs, doesn't respond to keystrokes but the mouse can still move, and I can't click anything on the dock. This happens for a minute or two until the Mac reboots and I get a Kernel Panic saying that it rebooted because of an error.

I have attached the log that displayed when my Mac rebooted, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is happening? Are any of my kexts responsible for this? I am on 10.10.2, no changes except for the firmware update yesterday.

EDIT: still happening. I think it had something to do with the firmware update.

Attached Files:

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Radeongate hit it.

Fortunately, Apple has a free replacement program for it.

3. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Remove that Tuxera software from your system. It probably is related to the firmware update, but I would remove Tuxera first. If problem persists, reinstall OS X after wiping the drive.

If it's an issue with the firmware, you'll have to contact the manufacturer of the drive. It's typically not an end-user option to downgrade drive firmware, and even when it is, support from the manufacturer is usually involved to provide direction to that end (but also may just have you RMA the drive at that point.)