Late 2011 MBP mega safe adapter's light stays off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMan988, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have a late 2011 Macbook pro and I keep it plugged in most of the time when I'm at home. Sometimes the power adapter's light doesn't come up but the mac indicates that it is still plugged in. If I unplug it and plug it again then the light comes up and becomes green.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

My spare charger has been doing this for about a year, I've just put it down to the LED/other non-vital component failing in the MagSafe charger. Hasn't stopped the computer charging and seems OK otherwise.

Out of interest, what MagSafe is it? The faulty one I have is an old white 'T' connector, my other 3 metal 'L' connectors have been fine.

3. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Thats what my charger looks like. Battery level has always been at 95% and shows as plugged in. But the megasafe light is off now.

4. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

5. durkkin macrumors regular

If it doesn't do it with any other charger then it's not your computer. As long as it recognizes the charger and is working properly minus the light, then you're fine. Happened with one of my old chargers.

6. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Is the next product GigaSafe?

If you have AppleCare, you can get it replaced for free.

7. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, it will be GagSafe it seems.

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Use a wooden toothpick to clean around the contacts on the connector. Might just be a bit of schmoodge.