Late 2011 MBP problem???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmo166, Nov 12, 2011.

1. jmo166 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here and my first post is about a problem I've been experiencing with my new macbook pro. To be specific, it is the 13" 2.8 i7, 750gb HD, 4gb Ram, stock model (2nd option on apple store online). Anyway I've had it for about 3 days, and even though its a great machine, I'm having display problems. Sometimes when id open it, it would not display anything, even though the computer is on. Now, my guess is that the computer might be cold enough where it can't function 100%, because it doesn't happen every time, just when I'm in my house and i haven't used it for a couple of hours. Im wondering if thats the problem because all though my house is fairly cold, i don't think it would be enough to cause it to do that, unless its a problem with my unit specifically??

2. macfan74318 macrumors member

I think that it has more to with the hard drive taking a bit of time to wake up because you said that after you have left it alone for a period it takes a few seconds.

Macfan

3. jmo166 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a little more than a few seconds. Like sometimes id hit the spacebar, touch the mouse, and a bunch of other stuff, then nothing. Then i would do a hard shut off, and then turn it back on, only to get the white apple screen, then it shut down again. then wait and get lucky after

4. macfan74318 macrumors member

Try the Apple Hardware Test and see if it reports anything.