late 2012 imac hardrive failure

Discussion in 'iMac' started by schrobro08, Oct 1, 2013.

1. schrobro08 macrumors newbie

After doing some research I know my hard drive failed. I have an appointment scheduled today at the genius bar to get it looked at. I have 3 years of apple care and I'm wondering if anybody knows if they will Just replace the hard drive or if I'll be able to get my whole imac replaced with the 2013 model?

2. bp1000 macrumors 65816

They will just replace the hard drive. Highly unlikely you will persuade them to give you a new machine.

Maybe in extreme circumstances such as repeated failures or CS letting you down etc.

3. schrobro08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply, do you know the turnaround time all this takes? Will they do it in the store or will i have to ship it off?

4. in4fun macrumors regular

5. Serban Suspended

if they just replace your hard drive... look very carefully at the adhesion of display and aluminium

6. sza macrumors 6502

I am wondering how much will it take to replace the hard drive after the warranty if the hard drive crashes. This actually makes me a bit worried to finalize my decision to purchase a iMac :eek:

Any idea? And it seems the new iMac is even harder to fix by myself...

7. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Just YouTube iMac 2012 disassembly. It's not impossible, but no where near easy for a novice.