Late 2012 iMac menu bar question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tbdbuckeyeitl, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Tbdbuckeyeitl macrumors regular

I have a question, sorry for being silly, but could someone check or help. On the top of the computer on the menu bar where there is an apple, finder, go etc. when I first turn the iMac on the apple is black on top and lighter white-gray on bottom. If I open calendar, safari etc to full screen and make the menu and apple disappear, when I minimize and the menu bar comes back the apple is almost all black. The apple stays darker black, until I shutdown or restart then it's a lighter gray on bottom color until I maximize again.

Could someone see if theirs is the same way. If not what kind if any problem does this represent???? Thanks for helping.

2. simsaladimbamba

Did you update to 10.8.3 via :apple: > Software Update yet?

3. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I did today. To be honest I haven't ever noticed this until I downloaded 10.8.3. Is this normal?

4. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

Can someone restart their iMac and check please.

5. kennyap macrumors regular

I just updated to 10.8.3 after reading this thread, and now notice the same thing with the black Apple in the top left of my screen: the bottom portion is a slightly lighter shade than the top.

6. Chuckstones macrumors regular

Mine is the same after the update!

I wouldn't worry about it though. Its probably just a little novelty to make the apple logo look a little 3 dimensional!

7. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

This is a bug in OS X Mountain Lion. I had this with 10.8.2, and now 10.8.3. There's nothing to do with it, untill Apple decides to fix it. This is rather sloppy by Apple IMO. Yes it's a rather small issue, but an annoying visual blemish non the less..

8. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

Sounds like a bug.

Just tried it with Safari and it seems to be okay here.

9. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

When you have an App in fullscreen mode, the menubar isn't transparent, that's why it looks different.

If you want it to always look the same, open system prefs : desktop and screensaver, and uncheck translucent menubar.

10. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

Binary, I tired that both on and off. However , when I first turn on or restart the top left apple is significantly lighter, almost clear. Then maximize something and it's darker.

Anyone else notice this?

11. macthefork macrumors 6502

I just noticed it on mine with 10.8.2. I hope it's not an apple going bad.... 'cause it only takes one to spoil the rest... ;)

I had to use a magnifying glass to see it, though... these old eyes... never noticed before...

12. Chuckstones macrumors regular

Mine is the same whatever i do!
    I seriously think it is deliberate with new update to give it more depth and not a bug!!

13. Tbdbuckeyeitl thread starter macrumors regular

Chuck, yours is same color? Or same as I described. Thanks

14. Chuckstones macrumors regular

Exactly as you described!
    I think it looks quite good to be honest!