Late 2013 13" rMBP: Do the arrow keys feel "different" than other keys?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zorinlynx, Dec 29, 2013.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I'm wondering if I might have a defective keyboard. The arrow keys feel *slightly* different than the other keys; slightly mushier. I can still use them just fine, so I feel like I might be being overly critical, but on an expensive new machine I tend to be a perfectionist, at least for the first few months of owning it.

I should probably get to an Apple Store and compare to the other units on display, but won't be able to until mid-next-week, so I figured I'd ask here. :)

2. qawsed macrumors regular

Mine might feel slightly different. They work fine, I don't care.

3. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

mine are too on the same model

but like you said its not really a problem

if it was 2 letter keys, or 2 arrow keys, that were different from one another i would care, but they are different keeys so *in my opinion* it doesn't matter

4. ctrl-click macrumors newbie

Mine feel fine, if anythingI'd say they're a little harder to push down than the rest but thats probably because they're a smaller key so the mechanism underneath will have less leverage.

5. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Thanks for the replies! You describe exactly how my arrow keys feel.

I guess my machine is fine. It's not really a *problem*; I just wanted to make sure the machine isn't defective. I'm a heavy arrow-key user, being a sysadmin and all. :)

6. Omnirai macrumors member

Same experience here on my first unit (rMBP 13 haswell). The second unit (the one I own now), the stiffness is about the same as the letter keys. Both worked well tho, I wouldnt bother it too much

7. tigerintank macrumors regular

mine feel different if i don't focus on pressing the other keys exactly in the middle. if i do then they feel pretty much the same