Late 2013 13" rMBP - Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Knuckleheadz, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Knuckleheadz macrumors member

Knuckleheadz

Hi everyone... Merry Christmas

I've currently got a Late 2013 13" rMBP with Intel 2.6Ghz i5 CPU, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD which I mainly use for day to day web browsing, some audio work in Ableton (not about 50% CPU load) and Serato DJ for my DJing.

I love my rMBP but I like the look of the new line and wondered if I would see much of a performance benefit from upgrading to the 3.1Ghz i5 with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

My main concern is peripherals... My Serato DJ controller is USB 2, I have a Thunderbolt 1 External SSD Drive and I use a 128GB SD Card to store my Google Drive all of which would need changing.

Are there any sites where I could compare performance of my current device against the new Touch Bar MBPs?

Many thanks
    Jon

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

The difference is not so big. I couldn't sense a difference between a late 2013 13" and 2016 tb 13".
    I'd say to keep your money :), or buy a 15" macbook (2013-2015).

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

I've got the same Mac but with the 2.6 i7, still under AC and with a new motherboard/battery/screen replaced under warranty about 13 months ago. Also with a few legacy peripherals that I use regularly. I'm waiting for the processor refresh, then check one of the new units out - standing put for now, and I'm in no rush...