Late 2013 15.4 MBP Repair Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brphillips, Jul 12, 2016.

1. brphillips macrumors newbie

brphillips

I have a late 2013 15.4 MBP Retina that I purchased in January 2014. In May 2015 they had to replace the logic board, the screen, the keyboard, and a couple other components. They just last week took it back in and replaced the logic board, display, SSD, wireless card, and the board and cable for the HDMI port. This was a nearly $2500 system when I got and in less than two years it has been basically rebuilt twice.

Is there anyone else who has had these problems? Have you been able to find any resolve with Apple? My concern is that my AppleCare is up in January and replacing/repairing out of pocket a system I thought I would have for much longer isn't really appetizing at this time.

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Is this the MBP with the dGPU (Nvidia)?

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

if it fails again then I'd insist on a new machine, you, may want to sell it before the end of the AppleCare and buy something else though.

4. radus macrumors 6502

I had only the screen replaced ( late 2013 rMBP, nvidia, 1TB SSD, 16gb ram ).

5. brphillips thread starter macrumors newbie

brphillips

Yes, it has the chip with 2gb ram
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2016 ---
    Yeah, I thought about that. But I hate to stick someone else with something that might fail on them in a matter of months. And getting a new machine seems to be difficult with my Apple Store at the moment.

6. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

MacBook Pro with dGPU are generally very problematic.

It seems just about normal.