Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro Memory Usage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nabeel24, Dec 18, 2013.

1. nabeel24 macrumors member

Hey guys, I have a Late 2013 15" 8GB Macbook Pro. I usually checked before but I haven't checked the activity monitor on this replacement Macbook Pro until today. I've been extremely happy with the replacement since it has 0 screen or creak issues.

Anyways, I was using VMware and doing Windows update and saw my Swap used at 567.8 MB. From the other Macbook's before this replacement it was never this high, just around 50-60MB when on VMware. I am uploading a picture, let me know if this is normal or will be a problem. Thanks a ton.

[​IMG]

I have nothing else running, just the VMware with Windows 7 doing an update. No other app open.

2. TheEnthusiast macrumors regular

I say yes because of how Mavericks changed the way in which OS X handles memory. If you checked page outs as well you'd see a higher number in comparison to Mountain Lion since Mavericks uses Swap, even when it doesn't need to. I'm still trying to understand it. Last iteration it was possible to use page outs/swap as indication of low memory, but that's not the case this year.