Late-2013 15" Retina battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mickeydean, Jul 24, 2015.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Post usage times and rough usage please.

Trying to diagnose if I am having issues and need it replaced. Battery is normal condition according to the mac with only ~250 cycles with 4-5 hours usage on most settings optimised for battery life. Uses are not intense and all is turned off unless required with 30% brightness when not plugged in.

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

Light to Moderate usage, Safari , Activity Monitor, Pages and Messages running = 7-10 hours
    Moderate Usage, all above running and Steam(sometimes iTunes as well, with video playback/multiple tabs occurring in Safari = 6-8 hours
    High Usage, All above, Mail, Photos, Terminal(Commands executing), Flash Player(Calls for dGPU) = 3-5 hours
    Gaming Usage(Extreme Usage) depending on the game(OS X or Windows) = 1-3.5 hours

I typically have brightness around 30%, though I vary depending on what I'm doing or where I'm using my computer(10%-80%) and whether I know I will need to count on battery power for a while.

Current Battery Cycle Count- 99

Activity Monitor btw will help determine what is using the most energy on your system during usage.. hope all this helps.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

If you've got Flash installed, that'll suck the life out of a battery. I've gone "Flash-free" and have seen an increase in battery life.

Also, if you're using Chrome, Chrome is a killer on the battery.

4. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

5. SkimMilk168 macrumors regular

Parallels running win8.1 pro (Firefox only) sucks it dry within 3 hours.

6. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

Barely getting 5 hours with only Safari, Preview, Pages, iTunes (force quit when not using). Normal Condition for the Battery. I have the 2.6Ghz/16gb/750m/1TB.