Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I know the game just launched today, but I'm sure many are interested in how BF4 runs on the new rMBPs. I'm basing my purchase of the 15" with dedicated graphics on whether or not this game is playable. If people could please post benchmarks with both the Iris Pro and the 750m here that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Domdog31

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I know the game just launched today, but I'm sure many are interested in how BF4 runs on the new rMBPs. I'm basing my purchase of the 15" with dedicated graphics on whether or not this game is playable. If people could please post benchmarks with both the Iris Pro and the 750m here that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Following, interested to hear the same!

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Don't know how it plays on the 2013 but I have it on my 2012. In campaign it's surprisingly running great.

Resolution is 1680x900 (so the aspect ratio is right)

Running on all medium with textures on high and terrain on high and antialiasing and ambient occlusion off. Looks great.

Getting 35-60 fps. Never dips below 30.

For a laptop this small I'm impressed. And I'm coming from a really nice gaming rig

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
Don't know how it plays on the 2013 but I have it on my 2012. In campaign it's surprisingly running great.

Running on all medium with textures on high and terrain on high and antialiasing and ambient occlusion off. Looks great.

For a laptop this small I'm impressed. And I'm coming from a really nice gaming rig

What's your gaming rig specs? Surely you should have put it in your sig.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008

Multiplayer 64+ players is insanely intensive. Then I would expect FPS online in heated battles to be 15-25 FPS!

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Multiplayer 64+ players is insanely intensive. Then I would expect FPS online in heated battles to be 15-25 FPS!

Yep gotta turn the settings down I haven't ran multiplayer yet but it scales relatively well and you can overclock the laptop and get 10-15fps more out of it.

I turned the settings up and it drops only a couple frames. Even the resolution can go to 1080p the antialiasing is what kills it. And ambient occlusion.

narin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006

That's encouraging. If the 750m can handle the game smoothly on medium/high at 720p (or whatever the 16:10 equivalent is) I'd be happy. Hopefully someone can chime in soon.

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
Yep gotta turn the settings down I haven't ran multiplayer yet but it scales relatively well and you can overclock the laptop and get 10-15fps more out of it.

I turned the settings up and it drops only a couple frames. Even the resolution can go to 1080p the antialiasing is what kills it. And ambient occlusion.

How exactly did you overclock a MBP? Won't there be some heat issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.