Late 2013 iMac 27", fix options

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aesc80, Jun 1, 2016.

1. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

I noticed my iMac developed some kind of staining on the screen. Granted, its nothing that I would run to get fixed. It's more cosmetic than a real problem. It's underneath the glass, so there's no way I'll be able to get to it. It got me thinking, though. Since Apple only sells 5K iMacs nowadays, is there a possibility that bringing an older damaged iMac results to a refurb 5K iMac? Has anyone gone through something like that? Again, I'm not looking for a free upgrade. I'd rather deal with a tiny stain and keep everything how I like it than to complain about something minuscule and try to game the system for a newer replacement. What's Apple's policy on that?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Is it under warranty? If not, Apple most likely won't fix or replace it for free. If it is, then Apple will likely replace the display as the rest of the system is still fine and doesn't warrant a replacement.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

If it's a problem with the machine and not damage from the environment (which it sounds like) Apple will fix it for free they will fix the same problem 3 times under warranty before offering a replacement. Of course if you haven't got AppleCare then you have no warranty and they are unlikely to even fix it for free let alone replace it.

4. aesc80 thread starter macrumors 6502

aesc80

Thanks for the replies. I did get AppleCare on my iMac, so all is well. I'm in no rush to get it fixed, though I might just take it in prior to the completion of it just to get it cleaned up. Thanks again.