Late 2013 iMac Resale Value?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlueMoonForever, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

I have a like brand new 2013 21.5" iMac. Has the following specs:

2.9 Intel Core i5
    16GB Memory
    1TB Fusion Drive
    Keyboard + Trackpad
    Original Box
    Pristine Condition (no scratches)

How much could I sell it for? And what would be the best place?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I know there is no possible to get what Mac2Sell is saying its worth. Where's a good place to sell it?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ebay and Craigslist appear to be the most common choices, although both have pros and cons. There's no clear best option.

5. thedeske macrumors 6502a

The very best place to start is a local friend or co-worker, client.

Ebay has the largest audience & fees, and you will sell it there.
    iMacs are one of the hottest items, but you have to be realistic with price.

Put a few matching iMacs on your ebay watch list and you'll know where to price it when they sell.

6. mlody macrumors 6502a

You can also check apple refurb store and go from there. Price your system 100-200$ less than what refurb is and you should have no problem selling it. If you have AppleCare take that into account when pricing your system.