late 2013 MB air grumbling noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hotdog101, Jan 29, 2014.

1. hotdog101 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am new to MacRumors. Anyway, I purchased a late macbook air from a certified apple retail store using the education discount in late august early september. I use this computer for mostly school. So, I use it often, but not often enough for problems to be occurring. Today, I noticed a grumbling sound like and old hard drive come from my computer. I mean, at least i think it was coming from there. I was in a quiet room about to go onto the internet, when I opened google chrome. The only other thing open was my email. Just open, nothing getting typed. I had no other tabs open in google. The grumbling was a little high pitched, an sounded electronic. Again it sounded like an old hard drive. I just want to know if its anything that I should be completely worried about. I will go back to the room I opened my computer in later to see if the noise was coming rom that room. I since moved to another quieter room down the hall, but I think is still hear it sometimes. I read else wear that it could be some voltage thing, but how do I fix it? I could bring it in this week to get it looked at. I also had bought the extra 2 year full applecare insurance, so any replacements will not be an issue.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601